Friday, May 19, 2006

My Favorite Books

I had some downtime at work today and decided to make a list of my favorite books of all time. They arent necessarily great books, but each of them had something about them that had me glued to the pages OR made me think, long after I was finished. Here they are, in no particular order:

The Davinci Code- Dan Brown
Angels and Demons-Dan Brown
Angela's Ashes- Frank McCourt
'Tis- Frank McCourt
As the Crow Flies- Jeffrey Archer
Kane and Abel- Jeffrey Archer
She's come undone- Wally Lamb
I know this much is true-Wally Lamb
Fall on your knees- Ann Marie McDonald
The Birth House- Ami McKay
The Shipping News- Annie Proulx
Life of Pi- Yan Martel
The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold
The Mammy, The Chisellers, The Young Wan and The Granny..all by Brendan O'Carroll
The Tin Flute- Gabrielle Roy
And..almost every one of Sidney Sheldon's books. A few sucked.

I think that's it.

It's been a while but I remembered a few that I didnt put on the list. I can understand the ones I read ages ago but I read one of them recently. My mind is going.

The Time Traveller's Wife- Audrey Niffenegger
The Last Canadian- no idea, maybe I should look it up.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I've read most of those. Have you read any of Donna Morrisey's books? (she's a Newfoundlander) Her first 2 were better than her most recent one.

Jo said...

You mentioned her before...I have her on my list of must reads.

Nuclear Mom said...

You and I have many favorites in common. I have to give the Archer book another try. You loved it, my mom loved it... must have just been my mood when I read it.