Thursday, November 08, 2007

Tattoos and piercings, oh my!

I dropped my lovely 14 year old daughter off at a tattoo parlour this morning. They are doing something with school that involves job shadowing. Each child got to choose who they wanted to work with, submit a 'resume' telling the person why they want to shadow them for the day and then follow up with phone calls to arrange it all. Afterwards they have to write an essay about the experience. Some kids shadowed teachers, secretaries, carpenters and even a chiropractor...my kid, a body piercer. When I brought her there I went in with her to make sure she found it ok and that they hadnt forgotten about it....oh, and also because I'm freakishly overprotective and nosy. I met Mr.Body Piercer and he scared me. Big guy with a mohawk and at least 20 piercings above the neck!! Seemed polite enough but it damn near killed me to walk out of the place. She begged me not to call and check up on her so I'm keeping my promise even though its driving me nuts. She's done for the day at 6pm. My nerves should be ok til then.

No comments: