Monday, February 11, 2008

The week in review

The trip: Emma has returned from her school trip to Quebec and it was a huge success. They didnt lose any kids and a good time was had by all. She brought back a few gifts for everyone...maple syrup and hard rock cafe mugs for the grown ups and cutesy toys and stuff for Abby and Eric. She managed to buy some clothes too....and one awesome sweater that I will wear some day!

The kids: They missed me while I was in the hospital. Eric just a tad but Abby....meltdowns daily. They got to spend some time with my dad and stepmom...a babysitting first and my mother in law spent a day here as well. Things just arent the same when I'm not here so I think everyone is happy that I'm home and everything can get back to normal.

The surgery: Ouch! lol. This one was much more painful than the last and it was just all around very unpleasant. My calcium levels dropped so I was hooked up to the iv many blood draws every 4 hours by totally incompetent people who have very little training it seems. My veins are not that hard to find....just stop and look....but they preferred the jab repeatedly with a needle until we hit something method. My black, purple and green arms are lovely thankyouverymuch.
On Fri. it was decided that my drainage tubes could come out. I was not looking foward to this but having them in is painful enough...getting them out is a few minutes of excruciating pain and then its over...right? Not so. The nurse got ready, I prepared myself mentally...she pulled...and pulled and nothing. She said that something was shouldnt be that hard but maybe its tangled in the other one...lets do that first....pulled, harder...and it came out. Ok, back to the first one. More pulling, me screaming and cursing (a lot of cursing, sailors would blush). I had to ask her to stop at one point because I was very close to passing out from the pain. I'm getting nauseous just typing this. She asked for help (just someone to hold me down really) and gave it another go...this time it came out but I swear to God it was the worst pain I have ever felt. They shot me full of demerol and gravol and I lay on the bed shaking until I slipped into a deep sleep.
Got out on Sat. and am so glad. I feel like shit. Constant nausea, shakes, wooziness etc but I'm home and getting lots of loves from Miss Abby.
I dont go back to the hospital for quite some time...early April I think. I'll have many appointments between now and then but the really hard stuff is over with....the rest should be easy.

1 comment:

Nuclear Mom said...

Glad you are home!

I got a little woozy reading about the drainage tube extraction! Icky and ouch!!