Thursday, September 04, 2008

Happy thoughts

I had a full body scan back in late July (when the radioactive iodine was done...4 days later in fact). I didnt bother with getting results since I had an appt. for today and I have the patience of a saint. =o) Went to the doctor today and the whole thyroid thing is great....no cancer bits...treatment worked fine. But...there is a suspicious spot on my hip that needs further investigation. No prob, schedule something and let me know. The Doctor didnt seem overly concerned so I expected a typical few months wait. He told me his secretary would call me with the appt time by the end of the day. I got home at 1:45...at 1:55 the phone rings and my appt. is tomorrow morning for an xray and bone density scan. Part of me is thinking how lucky to get such a quick appt....the other part is wondering if there was a reason behind the rush. Fingers crossed/Happy thoughts. I'll be a basket case since the results take 2-3 weeks.

Update- went to my appt. yesterday morning. It was for 9am so I got a sitter and fully expected to be home by 11-11:30. Go to nuclear medicine only to discover I need a shot of something and then have to come back at noon for the scan! I am the worst patient ever. I dont even ask what I'm being injected with...total trust. They know what they're doing. lol. Got the shot and then went for the hip/pelvis xray...then I sat in the van for a while reading until I spotted hubby in the oil truck (he delivers oil to the hospital) so we had a chat for a while. Finally got back in for the scan...which took 30 min. Didnt realize that...again, not a question asker. lol. Lying perfectly still for that long is sooooo hard but I managed to close my eyes and doze a little.
**confession time** I totally stole the scrubs pants I was given for my xray. They were so comfy I just couldnt leave them there all alone in that sad little dressing room.

4 comments:

Nuclear Mom said...

Thinking happy thoughts for you!

Jay said...

Thinking happy thoughts for you too!

Tammy said...

:0(

You didn't tell me what the appointment was for ... fingers crossed for you xox

Anonymous said...

Also thinking happy thoughts for you!