Monday, October 06, 2008

Progress!

The living room is just about done! I know I said it would be done in Sept. but this is close enough. We bought an electric insert for the fireplace that needs to be installed....normal people plug it in, pop it in the hole and voila! instant light/heat. Not us...it can never be that easy. Hubby has decided that the cord cannot be visible and has proceeded to drill through the 10 inch thick concrete hearth so the cord can go to the basement and be plugged in there. Genius? I think not.
In the next few weeks we'll be doing another major project...the main hallway/stairs. I know its not a big area but its a big job. I'll be hauling up the carpet so that hubby can level the floor....then I need to paint...no idea what color...buy new carpet...no idea what color...replace trim...possibly dismantle the computer cubby. I dont want to, hubby does...I am trying to give in on the little things so that I appear nicer. I'd like to replace the front door even though ours is fairly new...I want a 3/4 french because the area is dark and dingy.
After that...the master bath. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely making progress! Good luck with all your upcoming changes....and decisions;o)