Sunday, February 11, 2007

Life List

Thanks for the idea, April.

Many years ago, I had a life list. A fairly long list of things I wanted to experience/accomplish before I died. Actually, I remember breaking mine down into age categories...things I want to do before I turn 20-30-40 and so on. Looking back, I remember only a few things that were important enough to make the list...but kids came along and the list fell to the wayside and now, most of the things on my list arent important to me anymore. I'm a different person now than I was when I wrote the original. So, at age 33, married with 3 kids, I will make a new list...without limiting my to-do's to age.

Things I'd like to do before die.

  • Plan and build a house, my dream house.
  • Own a camper, one big enough for the 5 of us and more...in case we bring friends.
  • See my husband change careers.
  • Visit Ireland
  • Bungee jump
  • Learn to play a musical instrument. Possibly guitar since I have a teacher right here in the house. I dont need to be good, just a song or two to say I can do it.
  • Own farm animals! Ok, if/when the time actually comes, I may hate the idea, but I always wanted a few farm animals...goat, ducks, horse and maybe a pig.
  • Make a piece of furniture, start to finish, all by myself.
  • Go on a cruise.

To be continued: Kids need feedin' and chores need doin'.


No comments: